The Ontario College of Teachers licenses, governs and regulates the Ontario teaching profession in the public interest.
You can find information about teaching jobs in Ontario and the rest of Canada by visiting Education Canada and Teach in Ontario.
Interested in getting email alerts when new employment opportunities at the College are posted? Visit this page to sign up.
Ontario College of Teachers is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. To advise us of your accommodation needs, please use this form. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Apply now for current openings at the College.
Program Officer, Standards of Practice and Education
Standards of Practice and Accreditation Department
Salary Range: $88,317 - $132,062
One year secondment
A member of the Ontario College of Teachers with solid knowledge of teacher education and demonstrated superior teaching, leadership, program development, program review and research experience, your assignment will be to support standards-based research, policy and program development related to initial and continuing teacher education.
Extensive educational leadership experience related to curriculum development, teacher education, project management, research, professional learning and policy development. Advanced facilitation skills, superior project management abilities along with excellent written and oral communication abilities are required. Some travel within Ontario is required in this position. Experience related to First Nation, Métis and Inuit education and teacher education and/or French-language education and teacher education would be an asset.
Your responsibilities will include collaborating with teacher education programs, interpreting College policies and regulations, and conducting research, analysis and development of policies and programs related to initial and ongoing teacher education and teaching practices.
- Facilitate the development and revision of Additional Qualification course guidelines
- Accredit additional qualification course guidelines
- Accredit some pre-service programs.
- Foster educative and relational processes that support provincial capacity related to continuing teacher education
- Support collaborative provincial consultations related to teacher education and policy development.
- Foster relationships with First Nations, Métis, Inuit and French Language communities that support integration of the standards, teacher education, additional qualifications and accreditation
- Carry out varied primary and secondary source research studies related to pre-service teacher education, in-service teacher education, and teaching practices in Ontario and other jurisdictions, including the identification of innovations and pilot programs in teacher education within Ontario.
- Support standards-based teacher education through research, analysis and educative sessions.
- Facilitate the enforcement of the Ethical Standards for the Teaching Profession, the Standards of Practice for the Teaching Profession and the Professional Learning Framework for the Teaching Profession within teacher education and professional practice.
- Support the Manager of Standards of Practice and Education, the Department Director and the Standards of Practice and Education Committee with respect to teacher education policy development, including information about pertinent research findings, trends in teacher education policies and practices and indicators of outcomes in other jurisdictions.
- Prepare presentations, reports, briefing notes, position papers and statistical and other evaluative studies for the Manager of Standards of Practice and Education, the Department Director or and the Standards of Practice and Education Committee with respect to policy alternatives in teacher education.
- Support province-wide consultation on policy options being considered by the Standards of Practice and Education Committee.
- Conduct program development and policy development and research activities to support pre-service and in-service teacher education.
- Prepare responses to College correspondence, inquiries or other requirements in support of the College accountability with respect to the ethical standards, the standards of practice and the professional learning framework.
- Keep abreast of current issues, trends and research in teacher education and career long teacher professional learning in Ontario and other jurisdictions, and of changes in policy, legislation, technology and innovations that may affect teacher education standards, ethics and practices.
- Develop resources to support awareness and understanding of the ethical standards and the standards of practice.
- Perform other duties as required by the College.
To apply, please submit your resume and covering letter by April 13, 2018.
Ontario College of Teachers is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Looking for an internship, co-op placement or articling opportunity at the College?
The College regularly communicates with appropriate education institutions in Ontario. Please check with your College’s or University’s internship or co-op office. You can also contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.